The Daily Affirmation Process
You are invited to use the power of the Daily Affirmation to help you discover a deeper truth about yourself, or about how you interact with the world. As you reflect on the day’s message, you will find that either the affirmation resonates within you, or it does not! Either way, you will have a wonderful opportunity to recognize something about yourself that you might not have noticed before, and this will lead to greater awareness of Who You Are—which will lead, in turn, to clarity about how you want to show up going forward.
- Find a quiet place and sit in silence for a few minutes. Take a few deep, cleansing breaths and clear your mind as much as possible. Close your eyes, and continue to breathe softly. Thoughts may come, but just allow them to pass by like aimless clouds in the sky. Don’t try to fight your thoughts; rather, just notice them, and lovingly allow them to move on.
- After a few minutes of this, begin to focus your attention on today’s affirmation:I am always aware of my feelings, which help me to know whether I am attracting or resisting the fulfillment of my heart’s desire.
- Recite the affirmation repeatedly in your mind, slowly and intentionally, for a minimum of 10 repetitions.
- While you are reciting the affirmation, notice any sensations in your body; notice any thoughts you may have; notice any emotions that come up for you. Lovingly welcome all these thoughts, sensations and emotions, because they are communicating to you through your spiritual essence, and they may well provide an important message for you.
- Take a few minutes to journal your experience. Feel free to use any, all or none of the following
questions to help you express what you want to say:
- What are you learning about yourself as you work through this exercise?
- What sensations do you experience in your body?
- What emotions to you associate with those sensations?
- What thoughts do you have about this affirmation?
- What might be preventing you from accepting this affirmation as true for you?
- What beliefs do you notice in yourself that seem to contradict the affirmation?
- In what way would you like to shift your life so that you will be more amenable to the power of this affirmation?
- Take a few more deep breaths, and just release everything, knowing that you have already invoked the ‘engine of creation’ on your behalf.
Now that you have completed the exercise for today, remember to express gratitude for all that you are, because you are a gift to the world, and you are valued. Before you move on to the next agenda item for your day, please share a comment below, so that others who are on a similar path may benefit from what you have learned.
Love and Blessings to you on your continuing journey!